Sunday, 8 January 2017

FITNESS GOALS FOR 2017



I am certainly a creature of habit when it comes to giving up fitness-wise. This must be my millionth time attempting what many may call a 'fitness journey', but maybe documenting it on my blog will give me a smidgen of motivation. So here goes....

1

Be able to run 10k. I'm not fab at running but I am getting there at snail pace. I used to run frequently over the summer in 2015 and used an app called 5k runner, which actually helped my fitness improve so much. Me and some friends did a Pretty Muddy Race for Life event which was 5k and smashed it. It's not a race by any means and we know it wasn't the point of it, but we're go hard or go home gals so we really tried our best. We proved to ourselves we could do it.

Following on from that summer, I had a bit of a fitness blunder and more or less stopped altogether due to a number of factors, but excuses aside, here I am again, ready to tackle 5K runner and beyond.

2

Try something new. I tried Pilates once a few years ago and despite enjoying it I never went back. I'd really like to find something that thrills me and something I can't wait to do every week. I think I will add boxing to my list for now, I am yet to research my options.

3

Cycle more. I live in a part of England that is perfect for cycling, which is the Lake District. So I really have no excuse but to get my padded shorts on and spin till my heart is content. I have a bit of a fear of doing any form of exercise outside unless it's the unearthly hours of the morning when no one can see me, so that's another bridge I have to cross. I think I'd get so much more out of cycling if I wasn't so afraid of 'being seen', which is something I'm sure others can relate to. There's not an awful lot of time between the earliest hour I am willing to wake up or the time people start to get out and about so it definitely cuts my rides short.

4

Be able to plank for 2 minutes. 

5

Cook more. I definitely mean from scratch and not throwing things in the microwave (except to make scrambled eggs - who's with me?) I'm definitely what you would call an amateur in the cooking realm so I would really love to spend more time learning about food and nutrition and following recipes.





What are your fitness goals?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. My overall fitness goal this year is to stop over-eating! I tend to overeat especially when there're tons of sweets to snack on in front of my eyes, and I just can't ignore them! Cooking more sounds like an amazing goal since eating healthy is one of the most important things for healthy lifestyle!! x

    Kaylee 🌛ㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am so with you on that one! I couldn't tell you how many tins of Quality Streets I've been through over the holidays... Unhealthy amounts! X

      Delete
  2. I want to run the Worcester 10k again. And when I say again I also mean actually RUN, as last time I mostly walked. hahaha x

    Fernanda | Hey Fernanda Fletcher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely go for it!!!! I tend to be a walker too, I should have said my aim is to run 10k WITHOUT walking! X

      Delete
  3. I really want to take on pilates, but I lack the motivation.
    Great post!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding motivation is an issue for me too, where people find it is beyond me! I hope your search is more successful than mine!! X

      Delete

© Georgie Denby | Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.